CCS is dedicated to environmental improvements that foster a sustainable future and lead to social and economic improvements in the communities with which we do business.
The CCS Companies has instituted green initiatives that are not only environmentally conscious, but also result in a significant short-term return on investment. We have commenced energy audits, supported and conducted by local utility companies, resulting in the following site-specific initiatives:
- Replacement of all fluorescent fixtures with energy-saving ballasts and reduced-wattage fluorescent bulbs
- Replacement of pot lights and exit signs with LED fixtures
- Replacement of security and landscape fixtures with energy-saving fixtures
- Installation of a well for irrigation, thereby reducing reliance on the city's water supply
- Implementing software that forces all desktops into hibernate mode when not in use
- Enrolling generators in the "Enernoc" grid management program that sells generator time back to the utility company during peak demand periods for the Northeast Power Grid
CCS is currently investigating solar power as another potential green initiative to lower its utility costs and carbon footprint.